Have you ever dreamed of making money from your passion for creating videos and sharing them with the world? Well, the dream can come true if you become a YouTube Partner. YouTube Partners are YouTube creators who have been authorized to monetize their content through advertising, subscriptions, and other revenue streams.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the requirements to become a YouTube Partner, the steps to apply, and some tips to succeed in this exciting venture. So, if you are ready to start making money from your YouTube channel, keep reading!
YouTube is one of the largest and most popular video-sharing platforms in the world, with over 2 billion monthly active users. The platform offers a great opportunity for creators to reach a vast audience and potentially make money from their content.
To monetize your YouTube channel, you need to become a YouTube Partner. This program gives you access to monetization features such as advertising, subscriptions, and more. However, becoming a YouTube Partner is not an easy task. You need to meet certain requirements and follow a specific process to apply.
In this article, we will break down the requirements and steps to become a YouTube Partner, as well as provide some tips to maximize your earnings. Let’s get started!
Requirements to become a YouTube Partner
The requirements to become a YouTube Partner are the following:
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the YouTube Partner Program. If you are under 18, you need to have a parent or guardian manage your account.
- YouTube Account: To become a YouTube Partner, you need to have a YouTube account in good standing. This means you need to follow the community guidelines, terms of service, and other policies.
- Content: Your channel must have a consistent and original content that complies with the YouTube community guidelines. This includes avoiding harmful or inappropriate content, such as hate speech, spam, and explicit content.
- Viewership: To become a YouTube Partner, your channel must have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the last 12 months. This shows that your channel is active and growing, and that you are providing value to your audience.
- Location: Currently, the YouTube Partner Program is available in more than 100 countries. However, the availability of monetization features may vary depending on the country.
Steps to Apply to Become a YouTube Partner
Now that you know the requirements to become a YouTube Partner, it’s time to learn the steps to apply. The process is simple and straightforward, but you need to be patient and persistent. Here are the steps to follow:
- Sign in to your YouTube account and go to the YouTube Studio.
- Click on the “Monetization” tab.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions of the YouTube Partner Program.
- Connect your Google AdSense account. Google AdSense is the platform that manages the monetization of your YouTube channel.
- Configure your monetization settings, such as the types of ads you want to show and the countries where you want to monetize.
- Wait for YouTube to review your channel. This process can take several days or weeks, depending on the volume of applications.
- Once your channel has been approved, you can start monetizing your content!
Eligibility Criteria for YouTube Partnership
Before you can start earning money from your videos, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Age: You must be 18 years or older to apply for YouTube partnership.
- Location: YouTube is available in many countries, but the partnership program may not be available in all of them. You can check if the program is available in your country by visiting the YouTube Partner Program page.
- Content: Your content must follow YouTube’s community guidelines and terms of service. This includes guidelines on hate speech, violence, nudity, and harassment.
- Channel: You need to have an active YouTube channel with original content. The channel should have a minimum of 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time in the past 12 months.
Monetization Options for YouTube Partners
Once you meet the eligibility criteria, you can start monetizing your videos through various options offered by YouTube. These options include:
- Ad revenue: You can earn money from advertisements that appear on your videos. YouTube places ads on your videos, and you receive a share of the ad revenue.
- Sponsorships: You can earn money through sponsorships from brands. Sponsorships can include product placement, brand mentions, and other forms of promotion.
- Merchandise sales: You can sell merchandise related to your channel through the YouTube platform.
- Super Chat: You can earn money by allowing viewers to purchase chat messages that stand out in your live streams.
How to Apply for YouTube Partnership
To apply for YouTube Partnership, follow these steps:
- Go to YouTube Studio: The first step is to go to the YouTube Studio, which is the new version of YouTube Creator Studio.
- Click on the Channel: Once you are in YouTube Studio, click on the channel that you want to monetize.
- Enable Monetization: Next, click on the “Monetization” tab and enable monetization for your channel.
- Complete the Monetization Setup: Once you have enabled monetization, you will need to complete the monetization setup. This includes adding payment information, accepting the terms of service, and completing the tax information.
- Wait for Approval: After completing the monetization setup, your application will be reviewed by YouTube. This process can take up to 14 days.